The cross-country season is scheduled to start Saturday 22th April with the Jells Park Relays. Races start from 12:30pm with Junior athletes racing 3km and Open racing 6km on a cross country course.
We encourage all current members to re-register before Monday 11th April so that they would be able to race in the relays at Jells Park. Please ensure you have registered online to be eligible to score points and run for the club.
To re-register for the season please follow the steps below (you should have received an e-mail late Saturday evening from AV which advised your current username):
1) Go to the Athletics Victoria website (http://athsvic.org.au).
2) Click on “Members Portal.”
3) You will be redirected to the AV Members Portal sign in page.
4) Click on the “Forgot Password” Button and follow the prompt to enter your USERNAME.
5) A new temporary password will be created and emailed to your nominated email address.
6) Open your email. The email will have a link for you to reset your password.
7) Log in to the portal with your username and new password.
8) Please make sure that you at least take the XCR Relay package – which is at no cost – but provides eligibility to all 4 relay events in Winter.
This year AV have broken the fees down into three components:
- Doncaster Club Fee and AV Membership (covering your insurance)
- Cross Country Season Package (entry to all six races)*
- Summer Track & Field Package*
*Please note you can take a combined Cross country/Track and field package which then includes a $50 discount.
Athletics Victoria have also just released the Cross Country 2016 Season Handbook today on their website which will have all details about the events over the next few months and can be accessed here:
Team Managers for the season to contact are:
Open men: Ben Ashkettle (M: 0407 780 830)
Junior girls and open women: Claire Walpole (M: 0438 275 875)
Junior boys: currently seeking a volunteer and therefore calling all parents! Please contact let club president Adrian Patti if interested (M: 0413 741 869)
40+ men: Campbell McLennan (M: 0414 533 677)